What is a domain name?
Domain names are how people actually find your website. Think of your domain name as the address to your house and your website as the actual building itself. Without a domain name, no one could find your website, and without and address, no one can find your house.
How do you pick a domain name?
Things to consider when picking a domain name:
- Business name: What is your business or organization actually called?
- Business Location: Where are you located and where is your target audience located? If you’re only looking to attract a certain audience in a certain city or geographical region, you may want to consider adding that to your domain name, and even your business name, to help with local SEO.
- Extensions (.com, .org, .edu): The specific extension you pick will largely be determined by your type of business/organization.
Which extension should I pick?
- com: The most common extension.
- org: Typically used by organizations.
- edu: Used by educational organizations like colleges and schools.
- net: Used by organizations in technical networks, such as internet service providers.
- biz: Used by businesses as an alternative to .com.
- co: Often used by businesses as an alternative to .com.
- gov: Used by Governmental organizations.
GoDaddy is the largest registrar on the internet. With millions of customers, they’ve got the best tools in the industry and best domain name selection for you.
WHOIS Privacy is important for protecting your information online. Not every registrar offers it for free, but GoDaddy does.
GoDaddy is dedicated to keeping your domain online. If you’re having any issues, you can easily reach out to their support team.
Whether you need a .com, .org, .io, or any of the other hundreds of domain extensions, GoDaddy has them all available for you to pick from.
Easy for Everyone
GoDaddy’s simple technical setup is easy for anyone with any level of tech experience. Whether you’ve set up 50 domain names, or this is your first time, it’s easy for anyone to get started on GoDaddy.
Real-time monitoring keeps you safe online.
GoDaddy VS The Competition
We Are An Official GoDaddy Partner
When you purchase through us, we can help you get your domain connected to your website, quickly and easily. If you have any issues, we can give us a call or email our support team and we’ll get it resolved ASAP.