7 Fascinating Facts About Technology
It is amazing, and almost a little scary to think about how advanced technology has become in just a few short decades. Here are some facts about technology that will put what you thought you knew about technology into a whole new perspective.
1. In the 1950’s PCs went by the name “Electronic Brains.”
Although this may seem funny to modern viewers, this was a serious term back then. It makes you wonder about the sorts of names we have for modern-day technology that will be made fun of in the future (although I think we should never have deviated from that cool nickname).
2. Technology companies HP, Google, Microsoft and Apple were all started in garages.
Next time you have a great idea you better head straight to your garage! Many of the creators were also college drop-outs, so remember to never give up hope. You just might create the next big thing because you failed something else first.
3. When it was released, the Apple ll had only 5 megabytes of storage on its hard drive.
This is an incredible comparison to the whopping 130 GB you can get on the new Macbooks. At the time of the release, however, this was considered a huge amount of storage for such a small portable device.
4. 51% of internet traffic is, in fact, made up of hackers and spammers.
Seems like 51% of all emails are spam too…
5. The first computer ever was almost 2.5 meters high and weighed almost 60,000 pounds.
Compared to the size and weight of today’s computers it is pretty astonishing to think there could have been a computer that large.
6. Time magazine named the computer “Man of the Year” in 1982.
No real successful human feelings were hurt in this decision, hopefully… Read more on this here.
7. The name Google was actually created by accident. A spelling error was made by the creators who were intentionally going for the name Googol.
For those of you that don’t know what a Googol is, it is the number equivalent to ten raised to the power of a hundred (10100).
Utilize these fun facts about technology to improve your company’s online brand. Our experts at Big Red Jelly can help you up your technology game. Visit our website for additional information, or schedule a free consultation with one of our experts now.